The abode of the ancient Greek Gods, Santorini is a visual treat, the top-most rated destinations in Greece; this island is a perfect plan for a romantic vacation or an ideal beach escape. Located in the Aegean Sea, in the Cyclades islands, Santorini Island happens to be the site of one of the largest volcanic eruptions in the world, and what remain for us are the submerged volcano and a caldera.
The alluring beauty of the island draws tourists for its multicolored cliffs, breathtaking scenery, incredible sunsets, and volcanic-sand beaches. From instances of history to ancient archeological sites to mouth-watering food, the place has everything to offer. It is a prime tourist attraction and has become one of the favorite places for honeymooners. You can make tours and, it is completely based on how tourists would want to spend time and explore this beautiful and famous island. All we expect is that visitors should immerse in the magic of this fairy land and enjoy each nook and corner of Santorini and make it a memorable stay.
Must do things to do in Santorini-
– One can take long, relaxed walk on the Caldera edge and enjoy the mesmerizing view. Walks around Thira heading north to Firostefani and Imerovigli is surely an icing on the cake. If one keeps walking then they can eventually reach Oia. The trail is a bit rough though and you can cover the 9 km in three to four hours, but it definitely is an experience of a lifetime, while covering the trail, enrich yourself with lovely photographs, and on reaching Oia, you can shower yourself with a sumptuous meal in the form of a local delicacy.
– People who have a bent for wine-tasting can enjoy the unfortified dessert wine, popularly known as Vinsanto. A lot of local vineyards offer wine tasting at nominal charges and visitors can enjoy the lovely ambiance and taste wine and enjoy good food.
– Santorini boasts of a fascinating and rich history, Akrotiri being the Minoan city which was destroyed by a volcanic eruption in 1613 BC. The prehistoric museum of Thera gives an insight into the story of the ancient Akrotiri.
– The divine sunsets are a great tourist attraction in Oia.
– A dip in the resorts’ pool or a ride on a Caldera cruise are great ways to rejuvenate
– Another one of a kind experience would be to spend a night in the luxurious villas with all modern amenities
– While in Fira, make sure you indulge in a fish therapy treatment for the hands or feet. This would relax the body and prepare you for the exploration all over again
– Do not miss the concerts in Akrotiri, the 13th-century Venetian tower exhibits rendition of Greek folk wind instrument of the bagpipe family, this exports the listeners to the ancient Greek culture and rich heritage
– The view from the Akrotiri Lighthouse is equally enchanting, one catch the sunset coupled with a bottle of wine, and this would be a magical experience
– A romantic candlelit dinner is another sought after attraction in Santorini, as most of the restaurants have a beautiful view of the Caldera.
Santorini is earning great reviews and is being established as a foodies’ delight owing to the growing cooking demonstrations and classes. Your trip is probably incomplete without indulging in the various food options offered by classic Taverna. Tavernas are small eateries serving Greek food. For a quiet and cozy experience, one can choose Taverns, which are far away from the city crowd, but well within the city. There are plenty of stay options in Santorini, from dormitories to apartment buildings to budget hotels to suites and villas.
Come and enjoy Santorini, be a part of the island, submerge in its beauty and rich culture and make it your best vacation.